Thanks for checking out my blog!!! My name is Paige Christie (Smith College ’15) and I am attempting a solo crossing of the English Channel this August 2014!
Many of my family, friends, coaches, and classmates have asked that I keep them posted on my training progress. I decided to create this blog to post updates so you can all be a part of the English Channel journey!
Feel free to read, follow and post! Also check out the “About and Contact” by clicking on the red circle with 3 lines on the top right of the page which leads to a drop down bar, for more information on why I decided to do the swim, as well as make donations.
A big thank you thus far to:
- My parents, brother, extended family and friends (the worlds greatest/ my heroes)!
- Coach Kim Bierwert (the mastermind) and the Bierwert family.
- The Smith College Swimming and Diving Team (The Wild Bunch/my second family).
- Smith College and the athletics department, philosophy department and devoted alumnae.
- Ika Kovacikova, Mackenzie Bradley, Emma Reim (all successfully crossed the English Channel/Channel Godmothers).
- My Smith College associates (who motivate and inspire me daily).
Your support makes this dream a reality and I am forever grateful for your dedication and generosity.
More to come soon!