Recently, I have received quite a few questions regarding the type of dry land training that I do.
My “out-of-water” training plan consists of five parts:
1. Prevention of injury- strengthening joints especially shoulders to prevent overuse injuries.
2. Functional weight lifting- i.e. dumbbells to gain strength but also range of motion.
3. Body weight suspension training- i.e. TRX which is used to leverage gravity and use my own body weight for strength, balance, flexibility and core stability, simultaneously.
4. Yoga and meditation- crucial!
5. Cardiovascular land endurance i.e. running.My dad joined me on one of my dry land sessions and documented some of my training…